free website stats program Flashing Lights and Dead Battery? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Flashing Lights and Dead Battery?

My comment about 14 volts was probably made without understanding what was meant by being "under load".

After using my battery tender, I let my bike sit a few days with no tender. Then, I ran the lights for a few minutes. Later, I started the bike with no problem, rode a while and checked the voltages after a time with the bike turned off, on with Accessories, and with engine running. Turned off, the voltage was about 12.7. With the engine on it was a bit over 14 volts using a voltmeter. While riding it is also over 14 volts using the gauge.

I understood "under load" to mean when the engine is turned on.

If my language was sloppy, please let me know. I don't want to pretend that I am good at this. In fact, anything attempted by me was learned here the past few years. I may have not gotten it all correct.
:D Its ALL Good, we learn as we go along, I was just confused by the loading you did:s Sounds to me like you got it under control, Good on you and happy riding

I appreciate all the help from you and the others on this thread. It will help me stretch out the battery life and I learned something in the process. :)

:D Its ALL Good, we learn as we go along, I was just confused by the loading you did:s Sounds to me like you got it under control, Good on you and happy riding

Back