free website stats program Fix up the Fatboy or get a Street Glide? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fix up the Fatboy or get a Street Glide?

I've said it before and I know I'm in the minority but here's my opinion.

You say your bike is "screaming" for you to upshift into 6th. As Breeze pointed out, I'll bet you're not even turning 3000 RPM yet. You're barely halfway to red line. I know Harley's aren't supposed to be high revving metric bikes but come on. If you are loping or lugging in 6th gear than you belong in 5th, plain and simple. Don't over think things or worry about blowing up your motor.

That being said, it's your bike so ride it the way you want!

I was in a similar situation last year. I had a 2010 street bob w/ 8500 miles on it and minimal upgrades (slip ons,two up seat). I owed 10000 and the dealer gave me 12000 for my street bob then gave me a deal on my new street glide. If you can afford it the street glide is a serious touring bike.

sent from the boondocks!

Keep the slop. I don' know how anybody can sit on top of a bagger the way you have to. It's like riding a jetski. Softails let you sit down in the frame. Feels much better. Plus you wont's feel like you have to put a radio on a motorcycle. You have anything with a fairing, it's a slippery slope from there. Pretty soon you have a 2 wheeled car.
Snap out of it man.

Nah it ain't that bad..... But it sure is fun to give a supposed fast handling motorcycle a run for their money in the twisties on one of these 8-900 barca loungers. The look on their face is priceless......:small3d031:
Oh can you define: Keep the slop. New one on me.....:taunt

Back