free website stats program First post exhaust question / new member | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First post exhaust question / new member

Installed my dobec tfi today and my bike is running great. I didn't adjust it from the settings it came with for my bike and seems to be running great. Do I need to try adjusting?

What would be a sign the bike is running off or lean?

If you have NO decel popping and more power less heat Ride that horse:s

I did a 18 mile test run and all seemed well. The Dobec TFI was super easy to install and Chris at Dobec was top notch help!! Thanks for all the help and advice everyone, I really appreciate it!!!

MarkS

No decel popping and seems like more power on the bottom for sure. It's not less power, I know that. Heat off motor seems normal and no bluing of exhausts.

:s Another testimony for TFI Job well done :s

I'm sure your Dobeck tuner was set to stage-1 & exhaust upgrade (mine both were fm factory) so run a few tanks through & check mileage. On my GEN3 I backed off the accel & cruise fuel a bit to gain MPG's. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum.

If it runs hotter than usual and it starts pinging........you're lean. Pay attention to the spark plugs. They will indicate how it's burning.

Thanks. What color am I looking for on the plugs when running properly? When lean?

Reading spark plugs burning unleaded fuel on a street ridden bike is mostly useless. It is very subjective and requires experience. Google the subj. and you will get an idea, or ten thousand ideas. :bigsmiley30:

Back