free website stats program First post exhaust question / new member | Harley Davidson Forums

First post exhaust question / new member

MarkS

Let me first apologize for asking a question I'm sure that's been asked 100+ times. I just bought my first Harley (2013 883 iron) and want to put on the Vance & Hines short shot exhaust, SE high flow air cleaner. I'm gonna buy the SE Super Tuner to dial it back in. My question is, once I've downloaded the most up to date software from my PC is all I have to do is plug it in allow it to reprogram the bikes system and unplug? I'm not wanting to have to adjust certain areas on my own just hoping it does it automatically. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also where is best place to purchase all the above mentioned parts? I'm in Texas and would like to purchase out of state to avoid taxes and free shipping would be a plus! Thanks in advance!

MarkS

Not sure if you've already made up your mind 100% on the Super Tuner. If not you get a discount on Dobeck's TFI by being a member of this forum. Easy to install, easy to adjust, doesn't break the bank!

Not sure if you've already made up your mind 100% on the Super Tuner. If not you get a discount on Dobeck's TFI by being a member of this forum. Easy to install, easy to adjust, doesn't break the bank!

How much? Does it just plug in update and unplug?

is all I have to do is plug it in allow it to reprogram the bikes system and unplug?

If that is all you want to do, the SE Super Tuner is not the perfect choice. It's way overkill for what you want to do.

If that is all you want to do, the SE Super Tuner is not the perfect choice. It's way overkill for what you want to do.

So what would be the better choice? I just want my bike running well with the new parts so I don't damage the engine.

So what would be the better choice? I just want my bike running well with the new parts so I don't damage the engine.

IMO if you want simple and easy to adjust with a discount and tech support the dobec is the answer:s

Installed my dobec tfi today and my bike is running great. I didn't adjust it from the settings it came with for my bike and seems to be running great. Do I need to try adjusting?

Back