free website stats program First Mod? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First Mod?

Hey T. The only "new" Harley I ever bought was an 88 FXST standard and the first thing that I put on it was a windshield, sportshield, they called it, cause the bugs don't taste no better up here than they do down there.
Later mate, Mac2000HS

My "new bike" is a 1998 Road King w/ factory custom flame paint. Somebody put on a RK Classic seat and it was rubbing the paint off my hard bags, so the wife was happy that I purchased "her new seat" the big soft comfort stitch w/ the 16inch wide passenger seating area. Then came the FLHR riders essential kit. Got a sweet deal on a low profile smoked windshield on ebay. New flame grips and brake pedal. And finally, saddlebag lid covers because it is 10 years old, and I don't always clear the lid. Here is a picture of it the day I picked it up.

Attachments

• Aug's And My Bikes 018.jpg
    Aug's And My Bikes 018.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I guess I wasn't thinking about performance when I bought my 08 so my first mods that I had the dealer do before I picked it up were heated grips ( I bought it in November) and Tour Pack Led Lights. Weird ?

I installed one of the Lenale fans on my 08 UC. Quality item. I was disappointed with the included horn, however. So I mounted the stock horn inside the fairing and works great there. I'm hoping the fan will earn its keep this coming summer here in SoCal.

My initial mods were the SE AC, slip ons and remap.

Back