free website stats program First Mod? | Harley Davidson Forums

First Mod?

T wrecks

Hey guys, I have a question for you all.:eamBefore you bought your bike, or even after you had picked it up, what was the first mod. you were really keen to do? For me, it was a White Bros. lowering kit for my 94 FXSTC Softail Custon, which I rode home brand new,(took me hours to get the bugs out of my teeth) the second, an exhaust......etc,etc.:breakdance

I bought my first "New" bike last summer an 08 FLHT. Before I even took it off the showroom floor I had em put a SE 110 stage 1 kit in it and swap the exhaust to true duels.

Can you say:

We don't need no stinking warrantee's :D

FB

First mod for me was a breather kit and V & H pipes right off the show room floor (Wanted it to sound like a Harley not a Singer)

I've had 3 new harleys since '97,each one got an S.E.air filter,the last 2 got the airfilters and ROUND "nostalgia" covers......I'm not into those "football" covers at all.I can"t imagine what Willie G. was thinkin" when he put those things on!!!!!!............just sayin' Then I went to pipes,cams etc.

I got V&H basic slip on ,and SE air cleaner for sound, but more important chrome covers for those ugly passenger footboards

I put forward controls on and changed out the stock pegs, looking into changing the bars on my fxdc to the bars on the fatbob, but not sure if it will work.

I focused on preventive maintenance and got the leather saddle bag covers and bra. Wanted to protect the paint. Then got the split vision mirrors which allow me to see the cages behind and to the sides. From there I got the oil cooler.

Scarest sound ever, tires squealing behind you at a red light.

Since I bought used the bike already had some stuff done like the stage 1 and pipes, small smoked windshield, smoked turn signals, chrome trim on gauges and speakers, etc. I added some nice chrome stuff like chrome accent rail on the tour pak, luggage rack, backrest for rider, chrome voltage regulator cover, chrome passenger grab rail and handrail covers, chrome and rubber hand grips, Nostalgic footboards and brake pedal and shifter peg, and detachable lower fairing kit. I still want to get chrome handlebar controls. And maybe chrome forks.

My first mod was to replace every bolt on the bike with chrome ones and put S/EII mufflers on.

Back