free website stats program First Cold Ride Of The Season | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First Cold Ride Of The Season

Here it is on the Monday before Christmas....this morning was 22 deg, cold for us. We have usually a few cold days and then we get milder upper 60's for a few days. I really don't think I could stand being cooped up all winter with the snow like I see on the news. Leaving every morning before sun up and returning from work after dark is bad enough. Checked the long term weather further south and looks like Florida is going to have some nice weather after Christmas. Wife and I want to ride and if all goes as planned will leave Saturday morning and first night stop Jacksonville, Fla. (385 miles from Charlotte). Sunday morning hit the road and our southern most stop Tampa, Fla. (Only about 200 miles from Jacksonville) Stay two night and enjoy some high 70's maybe even 80.Chill for an extra day and can not go to Tampa without eating at Bern's. Tuesday head out for St. Augustine another short 200 miles just to not take the exact same route back home. Wednesday after sleeping in and a good breakfast hit the road back to Charlotte( 425 miles) Gone only 4 days and about 1200 miles and that will help for the wait until spring. Would like to stay longer but trying to be frugal since this has not been a home run year, but enough to clear the head and enjoy the bikes. A short trip is better than NO trip.
:rider

Last edited:
Back