free website stats program Finally Got to Ride!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally Got to Ride!!!!!

This also my first ride of the New Year......

AS I watched the frost change into droplets of water on the grassy fields here in washington. .... THE URGE CAME!!!!!!!!!

The SUN was OUT and from inside my house,,, in front of gas heater ,,,,, ALL seamed ready....... so I dawned FULL LONG underwear,,,, x-tra heavy shirt-carhart double pants-leather vest an jacket...... tuck hair-wrap ponytail... helmet on THEN out to garage...... waiting for their turn is my 2000 dyna and 2006 sport-roadster......

I decided to go for the real gusto first.... the dyna..... a little reluctant to POP right off as it felt the bitter cold outside the garage..... It shuttered but got going to warm a little b-4 heading down the DRY roads that were covered with snow and ice just a few days ago....

The feeling I got is one you can't describe here in family print!!! BOY that was WAY TOO LONG to wait for a ride....

I put on about 35 miles Putt'n at first then ON it a little bit more seriously....... Got back FROZEN........ putting dyna away I thought maybe tomorrow for the little guy..............

FEELING really guilty for not taking the little guy out .... got the best of me in about an HOUR of warming up........

BACK out to garage and took the sporty for an equal,,,,well deserved ride......... glad I did and YOU know,,,,,,

NOT ONE BUG to clean off the wind screens,, just a BIG smile for the rest of the night..........

signed.... TOO COOL HERE IN ENUMCLAW....BUBBIE

gasbag lucky you.Here today it was like -10 below.Tonight and for the next two days it is going to be somewhere like -35 to-45 below with the wind chill.They say that this is going to be the coldest it has been in ten years here.We already have more snow than last year at this time and we broke a record.Sure wish that I could slip out of this and go south for the rest of the winter.Hey lanser what is it like in palm bay right now?

Down here it's 17 f but warms up to around 45f during the day. Don't know how you yankys do it. I'd be crying like a little girl with the temps YA'LL put up with.:D

My Dyna is sleeping and will stay sleeping for awhile. -11 here this morning with -30 wind chill. The sun was out two days ago, but with all the snow we have gotten, too much salt on the roads to ride. It figures this would be the worst winter in years. I just bought my FatBob in August so haven't had to much time to ride. I'm just dreaming of the day I can order my TFI, my new slip-ons and air filter, change my three holes and go for nice long ride. No sense in doing my upgrade now, can't ride it to test my work.

I had -29F this morning in the south metro of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I am about to lose my mind. I finally switched from renting to buying and it hasn't been above freezing since they delivered the bike. The odometer still says 1.

Got an uncle in Phoenix. He may see me real soon!!

If I thought I could dig out my trailer, you might have a visitor. You're safe, though! It's behind a 4 ft snow pile!

BigLew I don't care where you are going but if you are digging the trailer out and have room for my scoot I'm game for some warm riding.Betcha we could start a convoy heading south or southwest.

Back