free website stats program Favorite All Time Classic Harley | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Favorite All Time Classic Harley

My favorite all time motorcycle is a 49 Indian Chief. Here's why:

My earliest memory of a motorcycle was this bike. It was the summer before I started grade school. Probably '54.
It was my Dads bike. It was really big to a 5 year old.
I remember my Dad and his best friend taking turns jumping up and down on it
trying to get it started. I remember them cussing and limping around holding their knee and laughing. But what I remember most is after they got it started
my Dad would tie a rope behind the bike and tie it to a little kart he made and
take off with my brother and I on the kart through the deep mud and around
the field and us and my Dad and his friend just laughing so hard we could hardly hang on. We'd be so muddy and wet and my Dad so muddy and wet!!! Oh..I can
remember my Mom too!!!!!! uh huh!!! That big red motorcycle was so much fun. The seat was so big my brother and I could both sit on it and play marbles.

ride safe

I can remember being a 21 year old Marine at Camp Pendleton being at the HD dealer in Oceanside, CA. and just dreaming about the 77 Low Rider. The XLCR was sitting right next to it. That Low Rider has always been my favorite.

I really like 'em all, but the iron Sportys are way cool! This pic will illustrate why I can't keep one for me...to small!
17249196.jpg

Back