free website stats program Fatboy handling | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy handling

Thanks again Top. Happy Fathers day and my thoughts and prayers are with your sons also. Be safe and take care !!

I have 2006 FB and have been riding since 2005, when I started I had the same problem on turns the group that rides with me use to teach me how to do turns as I was new to FB. Now 5 years later I do turns without any hesitation I guess its the practice that makes you perfect. I should mention I ride in Costa Rica where it rains a lot and mountains are with steep curves.

Ride Safely.

i just bought a 09 fat boy about 3 weeks ago. I put about 400 miles on the bike and I dont have any complaints about the handling when compairing it to other bikes in its class. I can lean it pretty good for a big bike. great bike i love it.

I love my '05 Anniversary Edition Fatboy, I went with the carburated
and have changed the exhaust and breather, havent changed wheels and tires yet or lowered anything, still stock seat, and when I go into corners
the only problem I had was when I hit a little sand patch (live in Florida)
and when I made the mistake of letting mobile detail guy detail my bike while he was doing the rest of our cars, he used some slick tire shine,
but all it did on those two times was let the rear tire break out a little and
pucker my(edit) a little.
But hey, thats rideing and I was still verticle!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
On my second Fatboy, and haveseveal riding partners whose bikes I've ridden. I have to say, a lot of how a bike handles is the tires. After the tires, then go to suspension. You have to spend the time (and money), to find which brand/size/tread your scooter likes. The difference will amaze you.

I have a 2009 Fatboy and although I have been only riding for about a year, I enjoy its handling. I have scraped the ride foot board on a tight turn but still enjoy its feel.

I have an 08 fatty. Yes it scrapes on hills, but you get to know when its going to happen. If you want a cheap way to raise the front end put some stainless steel plugs in the top of the front forks. 75mm (3inch) plugs is all you will need. Remember the floor boards are replaceable

A common practice to get around "limited ground clearance" is to "stand the bike up" or "hang off" on the inside of the turn, applying pressure on the outboard peg rather than sitting straight up over the saddle counter steering.

This is done on race tracks as well as on highway on/off ramps and mountain off camber turns, especially over bumps. You do not have to be Valentino Rossi or Casey Stoner...just stand it up maybe 5 degrees on a bike where 30 deg bank angle is about all your bike has.

Back