free website stats program Fat Bob windshield ???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Bob windshield ????

I recently bought a brand new Fat Bob and I am at odds with settling on which windshield. Anyone out there seen either of the two available and what's your thoughts?? I am looking for that happy medium between effectiveness and looks. Thanks in advance for the input.
Fat Bob is a sporting bike and very elegant. I think it looks better without a windshield.
greetings from Austria:s

Congratulations on your new bike! I have struggled with deciding what size I want for my street bob as well and have wondered about the Memphis Shades products as opposed to the Motor Company's windshields - mostly a matter of cost. From my perspective, I would pay attention to the more experienced voices in the forum and go with the standard windshield. I tried the sport style and found it to be an invitation to get a cold...for me. I have ridden a friends Ultra with the fairing and while I do not like the look of the "land boat," I love the fact that it takes some of the bite out of the weather, so much so that I have thought seriously about getting the touring size if I go with the Harley product. And...on the days that looking cool is more important than staying warm, then I can take the sucker off and...suffer.:lolrolling

Idaho John

I just picked up my 14" smoked Windvest for 09 FatBob and it looks great! Works pretty damn good too. I'm 5'10" and the wind breaks just over the top of my head. I can easily look over the windshield or hide behind it, whatever I want.

I have the touring on the Low Rider and works well. The Low Profile on the Fat Bob looks good.

---------- lowrider103 edit/added post 1 minutes and 10 seconds later ----------

I have the touring on the Low Rider and works well. The Low Profile on the Fat Bob looks good.

100_0357.jpg

Here is a pic.

Last edited:
Fat Bob is a sporting bike and very elegant. I think it looks better without a windshield.
greetings from Austria:s

I couldn't agree more. I bought the FatBob for it's looks in styling. A windshield takes away that look.

Got my low profile windshield and I love it. Very happy that it is as effective as I was hoping without compromising looks.

I too bought the Fat Bob for looks and styling. That's why i think as functional as the rear backrest and luggage rack is it looks terrible on this bike. Just to compare, I have the standard height windshield and it works great. I wrestled with the idea of a windshield on such a bike myself. I finally gave in after an all day ride with a fair amount of freeway miles. I agree, don't sweat the looks - get what works best for you. Use it when you need it - take it off when you don't. Same with the backrest and rack. The windshield doesn't hurt the looks of Fat Bob. The added comfort actually makes it start to look nice with. The luggage rack and backrest work great but look like crap either way, IMHO, sorry.

Attachments

• Fat Bob @ Inverness 003.jpg
    Fat Bob @ Inverness 003.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 428
  • Fat Bob @ Inverness 004.jpg
    Fat Bob @ Inverness 004.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 352
  • Fat Bob @ Inverness 002.jpg
    Fat Bob @ Inverness 002.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Fat Bob @ Inverness 006.jpg
    Fat Bob @ Inverness 006.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
I agree. I have a 14" Smoked Windvest on my '09 Fatbob and I LOVE it! Juts enough to break the wind over my head and sporty looking too!

i put on a detachable low profile smoked windshield
i love it
i doubt unless i am in town that i'd take it off...i think it's perfect for the bike---eventhough i at first i hated the idea of changing the look of the bike...

Yes it does to a certain extent. I rode my FatBob with and without windshield several times and I probably will never take it off, unless I am washing the bike :).

Doesn't the low windshield just direct the wind into your face? Mine did.

Back