free website stats program faring lighting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

faring lighting

I know how nice they are, I am an electrician, I work with all types of lighting, but putting any lighting on the outside in the open will cause a glare, especially up against a lens, in my opinion it would be a distraction to me, I also have never heard of any problem with someone not being able to see the gauges. Also not a fan of ornamental lighting on bikes, I think it looks cheesy in my opinion.

I know how nice they are, I am an electrician, I work with all types of lighting, but putting any lighting on the outside in the open will cause a glare, especially up against a lens, in my opinion it would be a distraction to me, I also have never heard of any problem with someone not being able to see the gauges. Also not a fan of ornamental lighting on bikes, I think it looks cheesy in my opinion.

I have to agree and disagree with you DrumGuy.
Any lighting placed on the outside of the gauges would cause a glare especially if any of that light is directed out from the gauge. Would be almost impossible to direct the light inside and not loose visibility of a portion of the gauge. As for brightness I do have problems at night, and I have installed Led's which brighten the gauges. I went to a red color and I can read the gauges much easier after dark.

Back