free website stats program Fair Trade? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fair Trade?

I would not try to counsel you on wether it's a good deal or not.

Keep this in mind. HD will be taking in a ton of Sportsters on the "trade up" program. Their resale value is about to take a huge hit!

Supply and demand baby.

Just thinking this one through.
If you want a Dyna. Trade up program would allow you to trade up for a couple thousand bucks.

Dudes Superglide is over-priced by about 4 grand. Your Sporty is only worth about $9500. But the trade up program gets you onto a brand new Dyna with the 96 inch for cheap.

Now we're talk'in...go where you get the best deal. :)

I was by there again today and ask him why he wanted the sporty. He said it would like to have a new sportster in the window, says all he ever gets in are the dynas. He has no buyers. I have bought parts from this guy and had flats fixed, mostly small stuff. He seems to be pretty stand up. He does a lot of custom work around these parts and has a pretty good name going. I can get parts from him at about the same mark up as the dealer, sometimes less depending on the part. I wouldn't hesitate to let him service any of my bikes. I guess he likes to keep the bikes moving out and in. Helps business if folks see different bikes in the window from time to time. I do think I'll keep the sporty, it sure is fun to ride.

Back