free website stats program Ez pass | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ez pass

Sportster Ron...do you have a picture of the EZ pass and dimensions? Is it like a credit card with internal antenna. Is the exterior smooth or pebble grain finish...? Some adhesives do not stick to certain types of plastic or finishes. Adhesive backed Velcro dries up or gets gooey with age or heat... :(

I would think this is a valid concern. Would hate to see it fall off and then be run over...

For some reason jacket pocket didn't work for me either, but windshield bag worked fine. In my car I now just have it sitting in a slot in my dash (not mounted to the windshield or even in view) and works fine.

Sometimes it is just a matter of where you go through and how fast.

I have the Ipass and I sometimes mount it on the windshield with a bracket, I have an ultra, or just put it in my bag they match my plate # with my account.

I finally found the answer...I tried to stick it up at the forks! I had it work the whole week now and ez pass stays never flew away or dropped. So far its been 135 miles now since I stick it with all weather heavy duty velcro....been happy the way it is....
a6f81010-d691-c337.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OK...bear with me on this. I have(1) PA ezpass, but registered it to all of my vehicles and my bike total of 5, 4 cars/truck and a Bike. My ezpass is in the glove box of my wife's lexus which rarely get use on turnpike, the rest of my vehicles don't have or carry one, since they all registered under my account, I just drive/ride thru the boot without taking ticket and haven't get any problem.

Once you entering the booth, when it's doesn't see the signal on your ezpass, camera would take picture of your license plate number and processes in it data base, same thing when you got off thru the booth, no signal from the ezpass, camera takes picture of your tag number and processes then you get charge as you normally would to your account. Haven't had any problem yet.

What Searider says makes sense...the pix and place must occur on all vehicles passing thru so it can capture "offenders" trying to beat the toll. Placing the EZ pass on the fork area seems okay, but I have seen mini-license plate holders that go on the fork that would be secure, don't like to use velcro because of the adhesive issues, but that is just me.

Back