free website stats program Ez pass | Harley Davidson Forums

Ez pass

I have an 03 xlh sportster..I was wondering where should I stick my EZ PASS....I am ruling out using a mount on the handle bar coz I prefer a clean looking not too busy on my bars...using a heavy duty velcro and placing it somewhere is what I am thinking...I am pretty sure someone in the forum have done this...need advice. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Do you have a windshield? Maybe you could mount it on that [down low] or put a windshield bag on it and put the EZ pass in it. Or maybe mount it on your forks. Glad I don't have to worry about this myself. Anyway, good luck.

I have mine under the lid of my saddlebag. Works great (if you have saddlebags)

I thought it had to be exposed for the sensor to pick it up? Do you have hard bags or soft? Does it matter?
WAP.gif

I just keep it in my windshield bag, picks it up , When i have my bike with out the bag i put it in my jacket pocket works there too. [Brest vent pocket]

I know someone who keeps his in the windshield bag. So it must not need to be that exposed. Try some spots on the bike, of course some duct tape over the license plate until you figure it out. :D

I never used one but I know when we work on the turnpike all of our company ezpass's have to be removed or wrapped in tin foil to prevent them from working. Regardless of where else we tried to hide the ez pass in the trucks it would still work.

Thanks guys for all your advice...yeah I do not have a windshield nor saddle bags. I had tried the jacket pocket and didn't work or read my ez pass either...perhaps I have no choice but to put it on top of the headlight cover....hmmm. velcro will not look good....the state of NJ ez pass toll booths stink...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
wrapped in tin foil to prevent them from working

As you found, that's worthless. Either use the bags supplied. You can usually request RF Shield bags from the EZPass account center.

Sportster Ron...do you have a picture of the EZ pass and dimensions? Is it like a credit card with internal antenna. Is the exterior smooth or pebble grain finish...? Some adhesives do not stick to certain types of plastic or finishes. Adhesive backed Velcro dries up or gets gooey with age or heat... :(

Thanks guys for all your advice...yeah I do not have a windshield nor saddle bags. I had tried the jacket pocket and didn't work or read my ez pass either...perhaps I have no choice but to put it on top of the headlight cover....hmmm. velcro will not look good....the state of NJ ez pass toll booths stink...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back