free website stats program Extended Warranty ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Warranty ??

I bought 3 years of extended warranty when I bought the bike new and now reading about some of the possible problems with the 6 speed tranny I'm glad I did.

The only thing that would make me consider buying a 07 or newer bike would be the 5 year extended warranty and the tire and wheel warranty. I came close to buying a 07 ($15000 and loaded with extra chrome) and it has the warranties but I decided that my present 2000 FLHT is my bike.
kemo

With my 2010 Limited I got 2 year factory and bought the 3 year extended for around 1100 - No tire hazard stuff - 5 year coverage - Only 50 bucks for deductible if anything decides to let go - Not bad insurance if a motor or tranny gives up -

Another thing to consider which a lot of people don't consider is the 3 year extended....Check to see what the TOTAL of the coverage years is when you do this. You may be surprised :D

2 and 3 don't always add up to 5

With my 2010 Limited I got 2 year factory and bought the 3 year extended for around 1100 - No tire hazard stuff - 5 year coverage - Only 50 bucks for deductible if anything decides to let go - Not bad insurance if a motor or tranny gives up -

Another thing to consider which a lot of people don't consider is the 3 year extended....Check to see what the TOTAL of the coverage years is when you do this. You may be surprised :D

2 and 3 don't always add up to 5

Yep, you most likely only got one additional year of coverage beyond the 2 year factory warranty. When they sell you a 3 year warranty, it's 3 TOTAL years, which includes the 2 the MOCO already gave you. Very misleading and I swear it's worded and sold that way on purpose!

Back