free website stats program Extended Warranty ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Warranty ??

rklew

Hey gang, I have an 09 King with about 11 months still on the factory warranty. Like the bike so I will be keeping it for a few more years. Thinking of getting the extended warranty, what would be a good price for a 3 year extended warranty? Thanks for all replys.....Lew

Great question. I am in the same position as you and was wondering the exact same information. Anyone with experience with extended warranties, does the price fluctuate with different dealerships or is the extended warranty part of MOCO? What is a decent price without getting ripped off?

Glider, as usual you are correct regarding the ability to negotiate the price of the extended warranty. I am in the automotive industry (finance ) and sell them and generally the retail is nearly 100% mark up for most.
That being said, in the State of Florida, Service Contracts are regulated by the Insurance Commissioner and the retail rates have to be approved by the State and can NOT be negotiated.
Most other states can, but not in Florida.

i had a 24 mon. extended plan from the dealer. list was $1450. canceled today as well as tire and wheel, priority maint. (24 hr. turn around), and lojack. need a new dd7 trans. this will pay the bill. good luck.

Just checked out gliders...refer too post....Tire and Wheel is cheap per the chart...Our local dealer charges over double that....unreal!

If you don't beat the bike and not doing any big mods, I would save my money and buy some beer. If you don't mess with the newer bikes their pretty bullet proof.

Thanks for all the replys gang, at lease I still have 11 months to make up my mind and get some quotes. :) If I do go for it, it will be from HD.

If you don't beat the bike and not doing any big mods, I would save my money and buy some beer. If you don't mess with the newer bikes their pretty bullet proof.

Something really to think about. I was looking at getting a warranty but I do not plan on doing very many mods. If any a stage 1. Thanks for the help.

Something really to think about. I was looking at getting a warranty but I do not plan on doing very many mods. If any a stage 1. Thanks for the help.

The modifications you are doing to the bike shouldn't be the determining factor if you are or are not buying the warranty.
The 07 and newer bikes have many new features and designs that may make you happy you bought the extended warranty over time.

It's not the modifications that you are doing that would require the extended warranty.

Back