free website stats program exploding pistons | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

exploding pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
what type of passion they have for motorcycles and the HD brand. This is a loss we should all feel.

I don't feel the loss. He had a Passion for HD I could do without.

I myself have never seen a piston "explode" on it's own. Cast, forged or Billet CNC. Usually some outside influence will cause them to 'explode".
And if pistons DID explode on their very own, why didn't it explode on the way home in the car?:p

I don't feel the loss. He had a Passion for HD I could do without.

I myself have never seen a piston "explode" on it's own. Cast, forged or Billet CNC. Usually some outside influence will cause them to 'explode".
And if pistons DID explode on their very own, why didn't it explode on the way home in the car?:p

As we are discussing this only among ourselves now.:s I suspect he put too much faith in his "certified" mechanic. We all know a "certified" mechanic, can make an "uncertified" mistake, and shift blame. That's what brings so many people to forums.
Imagine (if you can) the following: Certified mech. "I'm sorry your new motor grenaded. If Harley doesn't accept the blame for selling you faulty parts, I will assume I did something wrong, and will take care of everything at no cost to you". :lero

As we are discussing this only among ourselves now.:s I suspect he put too much faith in his "certified" mechanic. We all know a "certified" mechanic, can make an "uncertified" mistake, and shift blame. That's what brings so many people to forums.
Imagine (if you can) the following: Certified mech. "I'm sorry your new motor grenaded. If Harley doesn't accept the blame for selling you faulty parts, I will assume I did something wrong, and will take care of everything at no cost to you". :lero

I've sure eaten more than one job that had a parts problem that wasn't my fault. I eat things in order to show people that we take care of our customers. I sure don't like it but I'm in a small town and you can do 100 rights and nobody says a thing but have one problem and everybody in town knows about it. But then, we are the only shop in the area with a BBB A+ rating, so what goes around comes around.

Hoople is FAR from a "techie" as you put it and if you post asking for opinions and you get opinions, there's no need to disrespect anyone.
Also NO language at all is accepted here.

Poofclean-1.jpg

I have met Hoople and I wish I had one half his knowledge, I consider him a good friend and would ask his advice in a minute:s

Jack you need to pick up the pace a little. Glider beat you by a page and a half. I do agree the Hoople is the real deal and we are all the better for him and his willingness to participate on HDT. Thanks Hoople

Jack you need to pick up the pace a little. Glider beat you by a page and a half. I do agree the Hoople is the real deal and we are all the better for him and his willingness to participate on HDT. Thanks Hoople

I cant type and talk to Hoople at the same time I dont have 4 hands like Glider LOL:D

Thanks for all the kind words. This sort of stuff I understand. It's the rest of the World I have trouble with!..:p

This original post/problem would really have been great to understand and "reverse engineer". Just a 1/2 dozen pictures of the damage along with getting some hard facts and answers to a few questions,, and I bet we could have figured out what went wrong. But no, instead the OP blames Taiwan and HD for his inability to learn something new.

Thanks for all the kind words. This sort of stuff I understand. It's the rest of the World I have trouble with!..:p

This original post/problem would really have been great to understand and "reverse engineer". Just a 1/2 dozen pictures of the damage along with getting some hard facts and answers to a few questions,, and I bet we could have figured out what went wrong. But no, instead the OP blames Taiwan and HD for his inability to learn something new.

I totally agree, this is just the type of post that many of us would like to see. Not that any of us wants someone to have any problems, but this type of failure is not something you see very often.
P.S. Jack in the words of my dear departed Drill Instructor, "Excuses only satisfy the person who gives it".:)

I totally agree, this is just the type of post that many of us would like to see. Not that any of us wants someone to have any problems, but this type of failure is not something you see very often.
P.S. Jack in the words of my dear departed Drill Instructor, "Excuses only satisfy the person who gives it".:)

OK im going in for transplants:s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back