free website stats program exhausts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

exhausts

I think you will find, going with a 2 into 2 exhaust, you will experience more gain from the TFI and A/C then you will from the pipes. Either exhaust set will offer great looks and sound, but not do much to slide your rear-end back in the seat.

I replaced a set of Rinehart slip-ons with the Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggereds. I loved the look, but they honestly didn't sound as good as the Rineharts. I later changed the standard baffles in the BSS to Big City Thunder baffles. Man, these things bark. I am really pleased with the sound. It is loud and has the "Harley" rumble I was seeking.

Here's a pic:

Picture011.jpg
I have the big shots on my low rider and am thiking about puting the BCT baffles in. Will there be any performance gain and how much louder will they be. Will they sound better or just louder? What does the inside look like, is it just a bolt and washer in a reducer?

Last edited:
I have the big shots on my low rider and am thiking about puting the BCT baffles in. Will there be any performance gain and how much louder will they be.

I would not expect any performance gain. If anything, you will probably notice a slight loss in low-end torque.

I went to them for sound. The are a little louder than the stock V&H baffles, but they have that low bellow, deep tone. While they will not suit everyone, I love the sound.

I ride like an old man. This thing has more torque and horsepower potential than I will ever unleash. I don't think I have ever tached it up over about 3500 RPMS. I'm going for looks and sound.

Back