free website stats program Exhausted Recommendation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhausted Recommendation

Danny,

I am new to riding and I have an 09 Heritage and lots of questions and learning to do. I have been looking at pipes and through the mags I have seen I've decided on V&H Longshots. Did you do the complete kit with fuel management and larger air intake. If so what did you use and how is it performing. My bike will be stock except for those upgrades mentioned.

As Hobbit said, keep it simple to Stage I and you can't go wrong....Air Filter mod (opens up intake breathing), Air-Fuel Mixture mod (optimizes fueling so engine runs not quite as lean for cooler running and longevity), and Exhaust Slip-On (less $$$'s) for free removal of spent gasses) with enough Sound & Bling to satisfy your taste. All this usually inside of $1K if done within your budget and abilities...

Awall,Yeah went with the full stage 1,sert,Air filter etc...Sounds superb (baffles in) was gonna remove baffles but after advice from Glider/Hobbit left well alone (glad too),done a few other cosmetic mods,Fat Boy bars,luggage rack,matchin grips,footboards and gear change pedal(diamond look),chrome switch housing,leather mud-flap...think ive done enough,only got it july 4th,let us knw how you get on? take care mate...

It depends on your budget and how load you want it. If you go to vance & hines website you can hear the pipes.

If you want a good deal on pipes try going to easternperformance.com

They are very friendly and helpful. I called them before I ordered and they answered all my questions. My pipes where 895.00 every where else and I got them for 595.00.

Thanks, I know I have lots to ponder on this. It's kinda hard to decide but I'll get it fugured out before long. Whatever I do I will go with the full kit. I'm also trying to decide on the fuel pack or TFI.

I had a 05 Deluxe (loved it) and had the V&H Pro Pipes (2 into 1) with a TFI. Looked great, run great and sounded great. I would do it again no doubt. I will see if I can find a pic to post.

pics of V&H Pro Pipes. I loved them. And NO, thats not me! LOL!

Attachments

• Picture 176.jpg
    Picture 176.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 236.jpg
    Picture 236.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 5
Back