free website stats program Exhausted Recommendation | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhausted Recommendation

I have a 2010 Deluxe and would like to replace the stock exhaust. I am new to riding and looking for recommendations. Also what are key factors when determining what to go with? Thank you

Personal preference really. I love the Vance and Hines ovals or monster ovals, nice rumble not too loud.

You can use the search feature here in the forum and find tons of advise as this has been discussed in detail. Probably the best advise I heard from anyone was to go to a bike show or festival and listen for yourself. Or even go to the dealer you bought the bike from while they are having one of their "events". Find that bike who's sound is exactly what you want and ask the owner what he has on it. Most people love to talk about their bikes.

with slip ons you will not need a fuel management system if you go with a vance and hines or something else you will need to use a power commander or something I would spend the money and go with a full system.I have hooker pipes on my 2009 deluxe.

V & H longshots on my 09 Heritage,look great and sound great to,best bet is to go down to ur local HD on a Sat/Sun morning,have a look at the bikes parked up,ask some questions,listen to some sounds,i think its the best way,lookin at an exhaust in a cat/mag isnt the same as seein it on a bike,Good luck,ride safe.

I have a set of Vance and Hines ovals slip ons (true duals) on my Road king and a set of Bub eagle beak slips ons (with a cross over) on Soft Tail. The ovals have a tin sound to them and the Eagle Beak have a deep thump. I prefer the Eagle Beak, they are a bit loud when you open the throttle up. If I ever win the lottery I will get rid of the Ovals and get a set of Reinhart/Bub slip ons for the Road King:cheers

You can use the search feature here in the forum and find tons of advise as this has been discussed in detail. Probably the best advise I heard from anyone was to go to a bike show or festival and listen for yourself. Or even go to the dealer you bought the bike from while they are having one of their "events". Find that bike who's sound is exactly what you want and ask the owner what he has on it. Most people love to talk about their bikes.

+ 1 on this advice !!!

Back