free website stats program Exhaust systems YOU like and WHY....$$ cost.... Where bought? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust systems YOU like and WHY....$$ cost.... Where bought?

All Depends what ya want I converted mine to a true dual set up and changed the slip on's sounds good has a throaty Rumble and can still hear the radio and wasnt objectionable to the Mrs..

Price was a lot less than a full exhust ..

Have a set of Vance & Hines slip ons on my Ultra. Decent quality, don't recall what I paid for them, but I feel I got my money's worth. Good sound without being obnoxious...

I had stock HD, went to screamin eagle, now have V&H Bid Radius, sounds good not too loud, just got back from a 5hr ride, pulled up to 4 guys that had pipes super loud, pulled away real quick, can't hear yourself think behind them, to each their own, don't like the loud one's,

Sorry, sold the ovals to get the monsters. I hear the radio just fine with the monsters. They have a real deep sound. Kinda shakes the sidewalk when you walk by. Sounds like the way harleys used to sound. Lovin it.

Just put S.E. slash cut slipons on today and I think they are the sound I am looking for. Only about 15% louder then stock,but with a nice rumble that the stock pipes don't deliver

So, Steve, you didn't do a true duel set-up, just a slip-on changeover? Did you do anything with the rest of a Stage One, or just the slip ons? How's the bike perform now? And how did it affect the tunes?

I did the Stage 1, TFI and pipes,fired it up in the garage let it warm up,set up the TFI the best I could without riding (its been snowing for two days!) Performed well on the stand,and YES I listened to tunes all the time I was doing it,though I couldn't quite hear them when I was setting it up!:newsmile100:

For the pure, best sound on a Harley. Hands down with Monster Ovals.
Unfortunately, I don't really care for the style. I'm seriously considering LSR 2-1. Considering that, but they are on the loud side.
I run the V&H BSS. Deep, deep, sound with the quiet baffle. I run with guys that have V&H pipes, side shots, short shots & big radius. I'm way the quietest running with the deepest not.
Think about what you want. Performance, where do you want the torque? Do you want max HP or off the line stuff. Makes a difference.

I went with the SE 4" touring mufflers which cost about $400 including end caps. Just a little, but noticeably, deeper and throatier than the stockers (which don't sound bad to me either). The bike runs perfectly, no popping at all. It *feels* a little stronger but that may be my imagination. Going to do a stage one airbox and fuel management soon. I like the fact these mufflers are 50 state legal yet sound better.

Great information guys
I got Vance & Hines slash cut slip ons two days ago used
Does any one know how loud they are. They have the baffles in them. I hope they are about 50% louder than stock. I still have to get air filter and TFI tuner I cant wait to here them

Back