free website stats program Exhaust design on Touring models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust design on Touring models

Those are freer flowing mufflers than the stock ones. You would be best to add some additional fuel with them just to be on the safe side.

When you say "add some additional fuel" I am not sure what I should add? Do you have a suggestions?

Thanks

If you aren't doing any future mods like big cams etc, I would suggest ether a PC III or a TFI. Get's the job done without going overboard.

If you aren't doing any future mods like big cams etc, I would suggest ether a PC III or a TFI. Get's the job done without going overboard.

No. I am going to pretty much leave it stock. I figure the more I leave it stock the better off I am. Seems like the more you change from stock the more problems you have with other stuff. It is amazing how one item effects another and another and another.....It seems never to end.

If your changing exhaust, would you set your fuel mixture with a manometer or just tweak it like the old days? Refering to my 88 FLH.
Hatch.

No. I am going to pretty much leave it stock. I figure the more I leave it stock the better off I am. Seems like the more you change from stock the more problems you have with other stuff. It is amazing how one item effects another and another and another.....It seems never to end.

Very true statement here. I've seen guys change parts on a motor for the ultimate power output and create so many other problems they regretted even starting.

If your changing exhaust, would you set your fuel mixture with a manometer or just tweak it like the old days? Refering to my 88 FLH.
Hatch.

You could just rejet for best performance. There's many posts in the self help forum that cover the re jetting of carbs.

Back