free website stats program Ever wonder about the exact range and fuel capacity... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ever wonder about the exact range and fuel capacity...

To answer the questions,

1) I was lucky...1/2 mile walk to a gas station where I got a fuel can and walked back
2) I ride pretty aggressively...a lot of that mileage was at 75+ mph
3) The bike has a dyno-tuned 103" engine, Rineharts and SE breather...so, I don't expect as much as stock

On the SG, I get about 260 per tank. That's filling it up completely and setting the cruise at 75mph.

Wow, on my 2007 UC that's stock I can get about 185 miles out of a tank when the reserve light will go on. I've never driven it more than about 5 more miles in that mode, but I don't think i've ever put more than 4.6 gallons in the tank either, and that's filling it to the filler neck.

My '08 Ultra usually gets 41 to 44 MPG. Don't ask about the Dyna. The best I ever got was from Chama, NM to Farmington, NM this summer. Downhill most of the way, got better than 50 MPG on that leg.

See, the HD literature doesn't lie after all. :newsmile100:

the answer to this question has too many factors. speed, take off, decel, hills, weight of rider and passenger.

mine has gone from 44mpg to as low as 32.

i only worry bout it when im empty.

Only thing I am sure of is mine went the 25 miles I needed to after the light went on to get gas(in the rain) and I was real happy to get to the station. (New bike so didn't know how far the reserve was going to go)

Going to check out the range on future rides to get this a lot more accurate:D

Haywire, I would say lucky, as those lights are not known to be accurate, but since most of the time they go on premature...so maybe you were not really "pushing" the limit.

Haywire, I would say lucky, as those lights are not known to be accurate, but since most of the time they go on premature...so maybe you were not really "pushing" the limit.

Ya I think I was extremely lucky... also,next time I am going to take a container of gas with me and see exactly how many miles I go before the light comes on and then how many more I get before I run out. This way I will at least have a pretty good idea of mileage before the light and I will make sure that I only push it after the light comes on 10% or so of the actual mileage. Hopefully this will keep me out of trouble in the future:p

As I found out last month, once you hit reserve it goes by FAST! I failed to fill up thinking there would be another stop soon. WRONG! I didn't run out but came close, lucky for me we were riding to the South Padre Island rally and with my in-laws and a buddy. Father in law has a 5th wheel with a filling station so I was not worried. I pulled over asked for some gas to make it the next 40 miles. What I didn't know is he had emptied the gas before storing it a few months earlier. So we unload my buddy's bike on the side of the road and trailered mine the rest of the way.

Lets just say when the sign says there is a town in 5 miles first of all don't expect there to be a town and secondly don't expect there to be a gas station.

Lesson learned.

Back