free website stats program Ever wonder about the exact range and fuel capacity... | Harley Davidson Forums

Ever wonder about the exact range and fuel capacity...

Sounds aweful low i have made it farther than that i mine and took less fuel than 5.6 usually 230ish is 5.5

I just yesterday put in 5.035 gallons at 214.1 miles ridden mostly two-up and only moderately conservatively; less-so when solo.

I'm running an '09 96ci and get 41 miles a gallon on Hyway in 6th gear. That puts me at 229 miles on 5.6 gallons of fuel. Running open loop at ~13.4 A/F ratio. Not great mileage but I like it fat.:p

I get an average 40mpg. I know it depends a lot on how you drive. If I am with a group I seam to get better mileage. Easier on the throttle. I have seen 224 miles & only put in 5.4 gallons. Is it a 6 gallon tank if you fill it up to the very top? I have noticed that the remaining miles goes down a lot quicker after 40 miles left.

Around town I get 40 on my Streetbob on the hiway I can get 50 if I dont hammer it likes to run all day at 80mph

It is a good idea to know your cruising "limit" especially if you do not have a "reserve" position on the ol' petcock and keep your fuel guage (if equipped) in perspective to actually mileage range. Never know when you are pushing the limits...not that you ever should...but gas stations close and sometimes even the best of us have less than "steller" navigating skills or fail to do the proper fill up regimen...holy cow, did I just leave that petcock on reserve or forget to push the reset knob...nah not me!!!

Back