free website stats program Ethanoll | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ethanoll

I have one verified problem with ethanol.

My lawn equipment. Echo Gas blower, the plug in the tank that the vent and fuel lines go through has disolved away from inside the tank. Entire bottom of this fitting has melted and is now residue on bottom of the tank. The only explanation is ethanol. Thing is not that old, possibley 5yr old or so.
I have other power equpment and have not noted the same issue yet. However they never get tank full and always stored with the tank in position that the fitting is always dry. Blower may get tipped over on garage floor or stored in odd position.

Similar results with my Stihl sidewalk edger, leaf blower, and weedeater ... carbs all went to (EDIT) with use of ethanol gas ... had to replace carbs in all three this Summer. So far, my Stihl chainsaw hasn't had any problems, but I always burn all the gas out of its tank when I use it. The wrench at the Stihl shop said that ethanol gas was ruining older carbs ... advised me to drain tanks between uses, or to find a station that sells non-ethanol gas.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back