free website stats program Engine Sprocket Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Sprocket Question

I should have added that I'm sure it will work out the way I want because I got a lot of great advice and direction from Bubbie. He used to do this kind of thing and knows what he's talking about.

I should have added that I'm sure it will work out the way I want because I got a lot of great advice and direction from Bubbie. He used to do this kind of thing and knows what he's talking about.
I Sure got you BUFFALOED...

When geezer and I talked, HE mentioned that it was Cheaper(checked all options) to go this way and Less work and Less $$$.... He is Right On.

He has a Very GOOD farm shop close to his place up in Canada.
That shop is getting a Hardened Gear made and Not cutting their own(of which they are capable) Making it fit to the clutch basket IN Place of the Stock Gear(same mounting style) and IT will be Changeable BACK at anytime he wants without a lot of tear down..
Gear and Mounting Bolts (probably bolts,,,, or rivets? second choice) and the longer chain is all that is needed. He still Uses the SE Compensator for a smooth ride..

This answering Hoople about the Hardened material..

I like GEEZERS idea and feel it is a good way to go(for him). I think it will work for HIS idea AND riding style... 6 gear and doing 55/60 NOT lugging the motor.. 7 teeth should do it.
The number of Increased teeth is Much in my book BUT the drop at about 360 RPM in all gears, What Torque and surprise the bike will have riding next to him... OR i should say BEHIND HIM...

I PERSONALLY shift down and Run Mostly 4/5 gears in my area of highways here in Western Wa. Only in summer when going Long distance and on Freeways do I and will I use 6th gear.. Lots of 6th gear down in AZ.

Hard to find a 70 mph speed in my neighborhood. Many do it out front my place posting 35 MPH, But Not My Style..

I do shift to 6th occasionally doing 60 in a 55 zone Just to see IF it is still there.

signed....BUBBIE

Thats what I call Teamwork:s

Back