free website stats program Engine runs rough | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine runs rough

I'm sorry Wrenchin. I was trying to cover everything in my initial post from memory and there were apparently some things that I had forgotten about. I have had the bike in to 2 HD dealers and one independent shop for a total of 6 times now since May 25th. There have been no changes to the bike in the past few years. I think for any future posts it might be better if I listed all the things in a bullet format for ease of reading but...as I said initially....I'm new to this.

OK....so here's the deal. I had the throttle sensor replaced and the problem persisted. Lastly, they replaced the connector on the throttle sensor. They rode it about 200 miles and I have ridden it about 550 miles and the problem seems to be corrected. Thank you to all those that responded. I appreciate it.

Also a special thank you to Buck at Roll-On Cycle in Oakdale, PA. If you live in the Pittsburgh area and have a problem, please don't forget the independent guy. They took the time to diagnose and correct the problem.

Back