free website stats program Engine problem with 2006 Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine problem with 2006 Road King

If yours was made prior to 2/06 then it likely has the old 8 degree injectors. Search 8 degree Harley injectors on the web and your find te service bulletin.

25 degree injectors came in the mail today, 56.00 for the pair on eBay, installed after dinner in 45 minutes. All I can say is WOW.
Bike starts quicker, idles smoother, runs at highway speed with less vibration, pulls all the way to the rev limiter.

i had a 2006 road king and the problem was the injectors on some models were recalled,

Wow, good call Pjciii. Lots of people, including myself would have replaced lots of parts before finding that fix. Xcavater, you owe that guy a beer!

Many thanks at least.
The true test will be tomorrow. Supposed to be 100+ here in Baltimore. I plan on taking the long slow ride right through downtown on the way home. Cool her off with a 15 mile highway run. If there's still a problem, it'll show.

your welcome, thats why i like this site. more i information and less guff. it was actually a service bulletin and not a recall...just need to tell them it runs cold even after heating up.
patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
MoCo ran my vin and said there were no bulletins on my bike. I gave them the existing injector numbers, the service bulletin, and the new injector number. They wanted to pull the PCIII and charge me to run diagnostics. I told them to get lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had to switch tons of bikes from the 8 degree to the 25 degree injectors it was a pretty common problem for a while, but i have had even more problems with power commanders, they seem to work good for a while and then they go out, i probably remove on average one a week, i would just unplug it and go for a ride if the problem is gone then its the power commander, i have had really good luck with the vance and hines fuel paks, havent had a problem with one yet.
WAP.gif

I know this is an old thread, but I am curious about something. I have an 06 RK Custom, and I have verified that it has the 8 degree injectors. Can they just be swapped with the 25 degree injectors, or does the computer have to be remapped as well? I ask because the only reputable dealer is about 200 miles away and it would be much easier for me to DIY if I don't have to remap. Thoughts?

I know this is an old thread, but I am curious about something. I have an 06 RK Custom, and I have verified that it has the 8 degree injectors. Can they just be swapped with the 25 degree injectors, or does the computer have to be remapped as well? I ask because the only reputable dealer is about 200 miles away and it would be much easier for me to DIY if I don't have to remap. Thoughts?

Harley Davidson Forums Have a look here, looks like the answer is yes

Back