free website stats program Engine oil breather | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine oil breather

I,am not afraid that system will clog up. Just wondering , if all connectors/lines were open , for enough flow.
I filled a jar with some oil ,and connected a hose to the banjo , held the hose in the jar, and there were bubbles in the jar oh ( No whisky!! ). ;)

I,am not afraid that system will clog up. Just wondering , if all connectors/lines were open , for enough flow.
I filled a jar with some oil ,and connected a hose to the banjo , held the hose in the jar, and there were bubbles in the jar oh ( No whisky!! ). ;)
One cylinder or from both tee'd? That's how it's supposed to work. If you had revved it up it would have given you more bubbles. And that's why some just go to atmosphere and those that use a catch can or filter use vented ones.

I tested it from both rear and front cilinder , then tee'd them together . Did another test ,to make sure there was an open line to the catchcan. Homemade can with a schrader air valve for quick draining.
Seems overdone , but it wasn't a plug and play set , so that's why the testing , for peace of mind.

Ride safe :)

I tested it from both rear and front cilinder , then tee'd them together . Did another test ,to make sure there was an open line to the catchcan. Homemade can with a schrader air valve for quick draining.
Seems overdone , but it wasn't a plug and play set , so that's why the testing , for peace of mind.

Ride safe :)
So, does your catch can have venting? It's gotta let the pressure out.

The catchcan has venting , so the oil drips below , and the air escapes through the mesh on top.
Had this made also , on my previous Roadking , and it worked perfect. Now and then , when I think about it, I drain the oil ,and replace the mesh.

Back