free website stats program engine noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

engine noise

Thanks for all of the input ,If my compensator is the cause of the noise how do I go about checking it,does it feel loose,do i put a dial indactor on it what is the correct procedure for checking this?
Thanks
Mark

I pulled the cover from my primary last night to inspect chain tension and the chain had between a 1/2" and 5/8" slack while cold so i dont think thats my problem.I felt around in the primary as much as possible and didnt find any type of contamination such as metal shavings.I guess the next step is to pull the primary cover off and check compensator nut.Thanks for the help
Mark

Hi Guys New here..I own a 2006 Ultra Classic, Im having issues with similar noise as posted, Im going to check my compensator nut, hoping thats it, I was riding on sunday bike was running smooth..while riding the bike started to act like it wasnt getting fuel, then bike went dead at 50...gesh... I pulled over after a couple trys got her running rode it home...wwent back out 2 miles down the road developed a knocking sound like i never heard before...bike does start up...any other ideas..?? Im Open...

Harleydude did you find the cause of your noise? I have not had a chance to dig further into mine to find the cause.Let us know
Mark

Back