free website stats program Engine light comes on till after it warms up. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light comes on till after it warms up.

is this what called a "wet run" or wet mode? ran into a tech who said it maybe a loose wire on the command mod. The bar was loud so I could only make out part of what he said. He told me to take it to a shop that has the code reader Harley uses. Said it sounds like Im chasing an electrical issue...Wish his shop had the needed reader since he was like you all..VERY HELPFUL.. best thing I did was find this site.

Never heard of wet mode or wet run. What is a command mod? Do you have a Power Commander on this bike?
Are you planning on fixing this yourself.

I took the bike to the local dealer. I believe he was talking about the ECM. Once we start getting into computer stuff..I put down my hammer and take it to the pro's.

Take bike to dealer their is a recall on this but it is mainley for police bikes I believe. My bike did the same thing and it was a low grade recall "fix as needed" is what the dealer told me. It took them less than an hour and it cost me nothing.My bike is a EGC 09 as well.

They called me late saturday saying the bike maybe in for several days, as of now they could find nothing. (they say they have been at it for several hours) $$$$$$$$$ Im going to call them Monday and let them know about the TT 418. hopefully that will direct them in a place to look. My wallet just screamed when they said they have been working on it for the last 4 hours. $80 per hour shop rate... Now all I can do is hope it is a "recall" issue.

You aren't paying them for their "On The Job Training" at that rate are you? You should be paying them for their knowledge (if not experience or both), not their lack of it, at this rate, they might as well be sitting around in a circle drinking coffee and staring at it, racking up labor time. I'd sure like to get paid 40.00 or more per hour for what I don't know or for what I was unsure of.

They can pull the voltages off of the ECM unit and it should send them in the correct general area, or at least I would think it would.

Doesn't the dealership have a flight data recorder to plug onto the bikes ECM to record the data "as it happens" for later review to determine the next course of action?

Got call from dealer to pick up the bike..They could not make it ERROR out.. I felt like the wife telling the mechanic.." it did this.. I swear" lol They tried every senario I told them. They also updated the software. Ran it for hours even in the rain. no issues..Will take it to work tomorrow morning with my fingers crossed. BTW cost was $41.28 and that was for updates.

Back