free website stats program Engine light comes on till after it warms up. | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light comes on till after it warms up.

Survivior

I have an 09 EGC just turned 19k. last week it after getting more fuel (93 octane) It started bringing the engine light on and tossing codes. P1511-p0134-P0132-P2101.. It has done this several times but only till the bike warms up. I have to shut down, rest, restart and go. Old days I would say the choke was sticking or such..EFI's confuse me.. Any help would be appreciated. I know I can take it to the dealer, but in this economy I would like that to be last alternative. BTW..I cleared the codes and it still did it the very next morning.
Survivior

P-2101 Throttle actuator control motor circuit range performance error
P-1511EFI power management mode
P-0134 Front Oxygen Sensor Inactive
P-0154 Rear Oxygen Sensor Inactive
Sorry about giving wrong codes earlier, I was looking at code list when typing these are the current codes

Not sure but O2 sensors could be packed up and need to be replaced. Is bike under warranty?? If so, take it to dealer. If not, it's an easy install to replace.

FROM STOCK,,,,,What exactly has been done?????

ANY modifications???

Have you ever put anything but GAS into the tank... Cleaners ??? octane boost???

DID you Over Fill the tank? or Stop at the top ring???

signed....BUBBIE

Stock.. No modifications yet.. had to run a tank of low octane but never added booster or any solvents to the fuel.. did top off high, not sure if it was last tank though.

The P2101 DTC has priority over the other codes and must be repair first. It's a throttle by wire code. Most likely the "summing pots" (2 rheostats) are not outputting the correct voltage. Look at this service bulletin below and you can see the components that make up the Throttle Control Actuator unit. You can see the twin pots (pin 1,4,5,6), the electric motor (pin 2,3) and the butterfly in the throttle body connected by a belt to the motor. Note 6 pin connector 211A & 211B.
Only 1 pot is really needed to make the whole system work but 2 pots are used for safety. The pots must track or the system defaults to "limp mode". I would check and use the special lube on 211, 204, 224 connectors. The throttle body motor could be sticking, oxidation or fretting on connectors, etc.

Since there is a service bulletin for this problem, check to see if they may repair it even if the bike is out of warranty.

TT418: DTCs P2135 and P2101 Theory and Diagnostics - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

is this what called a "wet run" or wet mode? ran into a tech who said it maybe a loose wire on the command mod. The bar was loud so I could only make out part of what he said. He told me to take it to a shop that has the code reader Harley uses. Said it sounds like Im chasing an electrical issue...Wish his shop had the needed reader since he was like you all..VERY HELPFUL.. best thing I did was find this site.

Back