free website stats program Engine guard soft lower covers. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine guard soft lower covers.

i had a set of desert dawgs for my 02 heritage....they tell you not to install above 50 deg....i think one of the main differance with these and lowers is, they arent designed to funnel air to the engine like lowers do..they do help in cold and wet wheather

I though Desert Dawgs is the one without temp restriction, I'm going to pick the $57 one from HD some time next week, I called and my HD dealer said they have them in stock.

You're going to like them in the cooler weather, even at night when it gets muggy. Nice part about them is they store away and take very little space in the bags.

I'll be rude and jump in with a repeat of my earlier question. Can anyone tell me if/how bad they flap and flutter? In other words, how much noise do they make?

If we're talking about the $60 ones from the dealer, NO noise at all, no flap and no flutter either. They are adjustable as far as how tight you want to make them and also have the plastic buckles to remove them once adjusted. They just need to be snug, nothing special here. Made of a ballistic nylon I believe, great quality for the price.

Got a set of the HD ones (new) off eBay for 25 bucks. The don't flap or flutter, even when riding at 80+ mph.

I have a set that I have used for years on my hertige for years. I had to adjust the cut and re sew for where my hwy pegs are. They work great for rainy days. I have the Harley Brand. I also used them when I had my ulta Classic. Worked great on them.
Just keep and eye on the oil temp when clsoe or over 50 degrees

Have the HD branded type for my glide and I love them. When temps are too high (above 50) I use the gator style boot covers to keep feet and shins dry.
Both items are well worth the investment if, you're actually gonna ride in less than desireable conditions. Peace!!!

Back