free website stats program Engine guard soft lower covers. | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine guard soft lower covers.

SeaRider04

Any one use them and how do you like them?.

I'm looking for a set for my Herritage to keep my feet dry on rainy day and warm on the cold days, found one from HD site but not for use when temp is above 50*

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441846495&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309149400&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309149400&bmUID=1213869370810&bmLocale=en_US

and the other from Desert Dawgs with have no temp restriction

Desert Dawgs for Harley Davidson Softail & Fat Boy 2000 to present

Anyone have any experience with those?. Which one do you like better?.

I use the HD $60 version on the RK and they are awesome. They make a major difference in comfort in the colder or damp temps but all should be removed above 50* for better engine cooling.

HD sells a set for $40, but the quality isn't as good as the better ones.

bike007.jpg

Thanks Glider, I'm leaning toward the $60 one from HD at first, but then when I read that not for use if temp is above 50*, I got a little confuse. I was caught in the rain yesterday, the temp was around 70ish, windshield and faceshield saves the ride but my feet are soaked from splashing.

Does it ok to use them covers in such a condition above for may be hafl to an hour ride?.

I would think that the cooling effect of the rain may help cool thing off but they advise against the use above 50*.

Thanks Glider, I'm leaning toward the $60 one from HD at first, but then when I read that not for use if temp is above 50*, I got a little confuse. I was caught in the rain yesterday, the temp was around 70ish, windshield and faceshield saves the ride but my feet are soaked from splashing.

Does it ok to use them covers in such a condition above for may be hafl to an hour ride?.

Doubt if they're HD branded but my dealer sells waterproof, slip on shoe/boot covers for around $10.

I was curious about them too. They don't seem to cover up much more area than a set of lowers on an Ultra.

I was curious about them too. They don't seem to cover up much more area than a set of lowers on an Ultra.

That's precisely what they do but, as Glider said, they can make a big difference on your feet and legs. I'll most likely get a pair later this fall.

Hey Glider, or anyone else using them - do they flap around and make a lot of noise?

I have been going back and forth on hrad or soft lowers for my Rg It looks like soft are going to win ot now to find a good set.
HD dealer has two from HD 38 and 57 dollars and some after markets 125 something is not right here aftermarket twice as much:)

That doesn't sound quite right, unless the quality is so much better on the aftermarket ones. Different material maybe?

I guess I worded my guestion wromg, why not use them above 50 deg, but you can run an Ultra with the lowers on all year?

Back