free website stats program Electrically heated gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrically heated gear

I'll go with Steve here too. The G3 gloves are the best thing I ever got. Far superior to heated grips.

Gerbing's Heated Clothing to move 150 jobs from China to N.C.Publish date: Apr 29, 2011
Email|Print|ShareDel.icio.usDiggRedditFacebook|Save|LicenseA company that makes heated clothing for Harley-Davidson and other brands is taking a stand on the economy: Gerbing’s Heated Clothing is moving its operations from China to Rockingham County, N.C. The move will bring at least 150 jobs to the Stoneville area.

“I’m really excited to bring ‘made in America’ back to my company,” Jeff Gerbing, the company’s owner, told a crowd gathered in a former furniture manufacturing facility, which will be converted for making the jackets, gloves and other heated clothing Gerbing’s father, Gordon, developed 40 years ago from electric blankets and winter overalls.

It was Harley-Davidson that encouraged Gerbing to move operations from Washington to China in 1998, he told the Greensboro News & Record, Washington was too expensive to move back to, he says.

Chinese labor is getting more expensive and “People need jobs” at home, he said. “God has picked me to go out and help people praying for jobs.”

I thought that Gerbing was moving back to the USA?

When Bubbie and I were at Gerbing headquarters last winter they said they were going to bring manufacturing back to the east coast of the US. Looks like they were telling us the truth! :s

I have the Gerbing gloves and a dual thermostat. Planning on getting the vest from Santa this year. :D A tip: I tried the gloves without a thermostat and they got so hot that I had to unplug them before I ended up with 'sunburn'.

I use a pair of Frank Thomas riding pants over my jeans to keep my legs warm. The double as rain pants if needed.

Back