free website stats program Electra Glide Standard vs. Street Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide Standard vs. Street Glide

+1 for the SG. IMHO, I think the SG captures the best of both worlds. It's a great combination of bagger and sport bike. I love the lines, clean fenders, sleek, low stance. Its one sexy beast! :D

On another forum a member has a Black Denim EG Standard and has it all blacked out. Very classy bike.

Last edited:
If you wanted to take a EGS and turn it in to a SG the cost would be more then just buying a SG , the engine chrome would run about $1,400 the pegs,and footboards would be another $500. the rims $1,000 the sound system, the silver face gauges , and then add oil psi gauge and aip temp gauge , lower rear shocks, bullit style blinkers, centerDash, mirrors, and dont forget the raw finish on the engine and seat, but if you are just looking to to add on baisic riding accessories and not looking to go overboard with customizing a bike the Standard is the best bang for the buck, you get a bike that rides just as nice as all the touring models for a lot less money, back in 2004 I compared buying a Standard to a Classic , I think there was somewhere in the $2200 range in price between the two ,after just adding the chrome and tourpack never mind adding in a sound system and other goodies it exceeding the diffrence in price so I went with a classic. I traded the classic in for my SG although I like the look w/o the tourpack I do miss it.

If you wanted to take a EGS and turn it in to a SG the cost would be more then just buying a SG , the engine chrome would run about $1,400 the pegs,and footboards would be another $500. the rims $1,000 the sound system, the silver face gauges , and then add oil psi gauge and aip temp gauge , lower rear shocks, bullit style blinkers, centerDash, mirrors, and dont forget the raw finish on the engine and seat, but if you are just looking to to add on baisic riding accessories and not looking to go overboard with customizing a bike the Standard is the best bang for the buck, you get a bike that rides just as nice as all the touring models for a lot less money, back in 2004 I compared buying a Standard to a Classic , I think there was somewhere in the $2200 range in price between the two ,after just adding the chrome and tourpack never mind adding in a sound system and other goodies it exceeding the diffrence in price so I went with a classic. I traded the classic in for my SG although I like the look w/o the tourpack I do miss it.

Just add the detachable tour pack and you can have your cake and eat it too. Heck, it's only money!!!

The SG IS AN EXCELLENT LOOKING MACHINE, I WOULD PERSONALLY BUY IT BEFORE i WOULD BUY THE STD. I HAVE A CLASSIC WHICH I AM VERY HAPPY WITH, I CAN GET A TOUR PAK DETACHABLE RACK AND MAKE MY CLASSIC LOOK VERY SIMILAR TO THE SG, AND GO BACK AND FORTH DEPENDING ON WHAT TYPE OF RIDING I WILL BE DOING, MAYBE A CLASSIC COULD BE AN OPTION

[notes]
Turn off your Caps Lock please.
[/notes]

IMO it doesn't matter because no matter which one you buy it will be,Oh this is perfect,I don't want to change a thing! and then in a little while something in your brain short curcuits and it becomes this will be better,$$$$$$$$,now I need this!$$$$$$$$$$$$ I can't stop now!$$$$$$$$:newsmile100:

I have been drooling over the 2010 Street Glide in Denim Black for months now, but unable to commit to the $22,000 price tag the dealers want knowing that I would have to add so many things up front(touring seat, detachable backrest, passenger floorboards, exhaust, higher windshield for road trips). I have found a 2009 Electra Standard in Denim black that already has all that. The original owner has added the H-D am/fm/cd to it. The price is very much more in my comfort zone. Can I get some opinions from you guys??

Don't go just by price. If you really love the SG, will you be happy with the natural alum. cases and polished covers instead of black and chrome? If you will not be completly satisfied with the standard, don't do it. Wishing you had gotten something else lessens the joy of ownership. You are in the "buyers season" now, take your time.

Back