free website stats program electra glide handle bars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

electra glide handle bars

OK that's better now, they are just usually push on with that clip you see in the center holding them to the bolt. You can use a single edge razor blade at the very bottom where it contacts the clamp surface, this minimizes any scratching or damage to the cap itself. If they don't pop off like that with the blade then a fine blade screwdriver will take them off the rest of the way. Usually once you get them started they pop right off. A lot of them you can just grab and pull off with a rocking motion.

They could also be hot toppers that do not have that clip on the back and are plastic. Those should just press fit over the bolts or even a dab of silicone is used on some.

I thought you had the nacelle covering the bar clamp, that's why I was getting confused.

Glider --- could you take a piece of cotton cloth & lay over top of these and gently take a pair of needle-nose pliers and pull up? just wondering?

I'm sure you could but I don't like to use anything but fingers on chrome pieces that show because of the possibility of scratching it.

Back