free website stats program Ebay for Cheap Parts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ebay for Cheap Parts

I do buy things off eBay. I have never looked for HD parts on there. And I don't believe that I ever will. It's just too important for me to make sure that I use HD parts only. I would be worried that I might get fake parts.

I do not think that E-bay is monitored closely enough. There are way too many people out there looking to take your money and give you crap or even worse nothing.

I don't trust eBay when it comes to my bike. There is a local Harley distributor here, not too far from where I live. They have really good prices and service so that's where I go whenever I need anything for my bike. I just want to make sure I get the best and safest stuff for my ride.

Good advice to be careful with what you buy on eBay but it's
not all bad out there. I run an eBay store....House of Harley Bearings....and the bearings I list are the same ones you'll find in the pages of any of the aftermarket distributor catalogs, only for a lot less $$. If a bearing has Torrington, or Fafnir, or NTN stamped into it you know it's good....oftentimes a lot better quality than the OEM version. Anyways, it's always a good idea to be cautious with eBay sellers but don't rule 'em all out just 'cause they're not a brick and mortar shop.

I have used e-bay many times to buy for my Harleys, Sportster, Deuce, and Fatboy. There are a number of Harley dealerships that list on e-bay. I bought a paint set, fenders and tank for an 05 1200C for $500 from a dealership in New Hampshire, product was excellent. Since California has practically outlawed SE parts, I've bought numerous slipon SE mufflers for friends, and got a SE Race Fueler for $150 from a dealer there for my Deuce. Most Harley dealer will identify themselves as dealers and quite often give better fitment discriptions. I have called dealers prior to bidding though, to see if they are legit. Looked up there numbers and asked for their e-bay sales person.

Guess i dont have to worry about anyone bidding against me i get lots of stuff off ebay its ok if you now what your doing theres ways to check on sellers :x

Guess this thread explains why there were no other bidders on the Screaming Eagle II slip ons I just bought for $100. Used (according to the seller, and seems correct based on my visual inspection) 2 hours. (He wanted to go louder and got V&H.) I'm a happy camper with virtually new pipes at less than half price.

You got those SE II pipes finally. You're going to like them on your bike.:D

The origional price was about $249 for them.

Yep. Have the SE breather and a PC III ready to install too. As soon as I get a warm enough, dry enough free spell... (I just hope the PC III fits under the Corbin seat!)

Dealer wanted 150+ for a rear tire I got it delivered to my door for 78 bucks (same tire)
Dealer wants 350+ for a sert then map i got a tuner for 100
There are deals but you have to research everything first. I could have gotten the tuner for 50 but seller had a few negatives in his feedback so I paid more from another seller to be sure it all worked out.

Back