free website stats program Dyna Windshield Question.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Windshield Question..

I found my post dated june 24th 2010 but not sure how to attach it to this . The subject was Windshield Buffeting it has all the details and a picture .

My Mood:
Windshield buffeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a quick detach windshield on my Night Train , I had massive buffeting when riding into any wind at all , not as bad when riding with the wind . After reading several posts on this I decided to change the angle by making and adding some brackets to tilt the shield back a bit , it made a huge difference . I noticed I can see over the shield a lot better now . here is what I used to make my brackets . 3/16 x 3/4 stainless machineable bar stock cut 1 11/16 long . First I put my holes on 1" centers , this put it back too far , it would hit my mirrors , then I tried 3/4 centers , holes too close to each other couldn't get both bolts in , so then I tried 15/16 centers , perfect ! The 1st hole is 21/64 for the bolt into the bracket which is 5/16-24 thread , the second hole is 1/2" for when you remove the bolt from the bracket and move it to the front hole . I bought 2 5/16-24 x 1/2 crome allen cap screws for the back hole and 2 crome acorn nuts for the front and that was it .
Attached Thumbnails

You are welcome , I bought the ss bar stock from McMaster Carr , I could have used mild steel and painted it but I didn't want to worry about it rusting . I can tell you before I put the brackets on when ready into a head wind or side wind I had to hold on with a death grip after not the case , must more enjoyable riding . It was so bad I almost wanted to ride without it and I'm not kidding at all.

Back