free website stats program Dyna Windshield Question.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Windshield Question..

Hoople

Account Removed
I am finally going to spring for a HD compact quick-release windshield kit for the bike. I know what size and fit I want but I can't decide on whether to go with clear or "light smoke". I like the look of the light smoke but wonder if it will cause me problems at night. I just spent a bunch of money on an LED headlight and really like it but I don't want to reduce my current visibility with the light smoke windshield at night.

Would anyone have a HD light smoke windshield they can comment about. Appreciate hearing both the good & the bad. Tks!

I had a light tint "convertable" windshield on my Dyna. It was tall enough that I looked though it most of the time, and night driving was not a problem. I wear glasses, and am sensitive to glare at night.

I have the Memphis shade smoke on my Sportster, and it is not a problem because I look over it. Not a big night rider though, don't feel I see as good as I used to. Personally I don't think you'll have a problem and it will reduce the glare too.

You can slide the wind shield up and down on the tubes, that way you can look over it, I have the clear one and like it:s

Clearly the best, and it you can't see it as much as the smoked.
My thoughts were to match the color of the bike. The Memphis Shades have this darker at the bottom color that fads as it get higher. But I believe it was Aqua and Teal were not matching the paint on my bike so I went Smoke. Now the RKC I have has the clear and I have seriously considered putting some tint I have on the inside to reduce that glare I get when the sun is behind me. I find it distracting to see anything on the dash and sometimes it comes off the dash up to my eyes too. I keep thinking what a mess it would be if that tint came loose.

Thank you for the replies. It will help me decide on which way to go. Looking through catalogs the choices are almost endless!

Back