free website stats program Dyna vs Sportster | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna vs Sportster

Gentlemen, I stand corrected. I must say that I was hasty in my judgement of my wife's forty eight. I was able to ride it today for about 75 miles in a variety of situations (highway, country roads, etc.) and while I still say it's not as comfortable as my Dyna, it was a blast! Count me as a Sporty fan from here on out.

The Sportster does have roots to dirt track racing, so it is made to handle rough roads and tight track turns. If the pegs were offset, suspension were beefed up just a bit, a minor tweeking here and there engine wise...Just imagine the 48 being the result of DNA genetics research :lero.

The rider COULD throttle steer the bike on a dirt track...place a strategically placed steel plated boot down, power slide the bike, while breaking the rear tire loose for that tight turn and at the right moment blip the throttle to hook the rear to stop the bike from catapulting bike and rider...BUT straighten up smartly, to power down the road with the scream EEEYAAA echoing behind imaginary sound of cheering crowd.

As street riders we have it easy not having to do early day heroics to enjoy the bike at a fraction of the admission price! :s

Last edited:
I put on 38,000 miles on my 2006 sport roadster 1200. Most of the miles were so I didn't put them on my comfortable 2000 dyna FXDS.... Believe me when I say the dyna had/has it over the sporty for the comfort... I had a nice Mustang seat on the Dyna, but kept the sport R stock for the looks..

I can still feel the Pain from the Long rides i did down in Az... The heavy miles I put on the sporty were into New Mexico,Utah,Texas,Calif. even Mexico... over a two and a half year love affair with that bike..

Now the sport is PARKED along side of my 09 FLHR here in Wa.... I do get the sporty out every now and then but NOT like i did 38,000 miles ago. Boy that was crazy:bigsmiley22: but I enjoyed every bit of My Freedom riding that sport bike.

Want Spoiled? I'm trying this after FXDS traded off.

I now get on the cush'e big bike to do most of my riding. Once you try a Big Bike you'll love it.. Even more than the Dyna...

signed....BUBBIE

I was originally going to get the Sportster as it fit easily into my budget, however when I saw my 2010 Scarlet Red FXDC on the floor, it was game over!!!

I have owned both the XL1200C Sportster and FXDC Super Glide Custom. What made the Sportster a better ride was the forward controls, I’m 5,11 and having my legs bent on the Super Glide give me leg cramps unless I done a few warm up stretches…

I currently own both bikes...happiness is...anyway I have to sell the Sporty for the money and my brand new Fat Bob is a dream to ride. But, I love the Sporty for around town and stop light to stop light. I wish I didnt have to sell it!

Back