free website stats program Dyna vs softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna vs softail

Re: Dyna vs softai

money pit, haha...mines one and it runs good with no problems...just cant stop spending money on it!!

In 99 the TC came out in the Dyna Models of which I would Not Sell Short. They are a good/great bike!
I owned a 97 EVO and then bought a 2000 early FXDS dyna.

I did put 117,000 miles on my 2000 FXDS and by no means would I have bought a different bike...

They All (any year) have their Own Problems and read and Pick the Best year to get Most of the bugs out..

I waited until 2000 because I thought the bugs would be out of the New TC design motor.. No I was wrong, I got the First 1/2 year of the 00 bike, and the second Half year was better(cam ball style bearing went to Roller style) also a lot of Not so good Flaws remained even then and would not Leave until the 06 dyna and even the 07s was better.

I just thought I would add some fuel to the fire here: you can't get a person to do "Your style bike" If they Lean another direction. If my father in law suggested a bike and I wanted another model, And I bought it just for that (his) reason, I Know I'd Not be Happy with His choice regardless of opinions here.

A song title weighs in here It goes.... dd# If you want to be Happy the rest of your life,,, Don't interfere to buy a son-in-laws bike..dd#

I would have to make the decision on My style and Mine alone. A mistake by one Is Not a Mistake by another..

Finding "His" right bike and helping to make sure it is a good price and condition is Great of you to do!...

Just my way!
signed....BUBBIE

I agree . I'm not going to tell him what he should buy i'm going to help make sure what he buys is a good deal not only price but the bike itself . He's leaning towards a soft tail because he really likes mine . But since money plays a big role a dyna of some sort might be more realistic for him . I've spotted a few softies that look like a good deal , a couple were deuce's . I think they're a cool bike . But we'll wait and see how it all works out .

I agree . I'm not going to tell him what he should buy i'm going to help make sure what he buys is a good deal not only price but the bike itself . He's leaning towards a soft tail because he really likes mine . But since money plays a big role a dyna of some sort might be more realistic for him . I've spotted a few softies that look like a good deal , a couple were deuce's . I think they're a cool bike . But we'll wait and see how it all works out .

You are a GOOD father-in-law MR. BOWHIKER !
Right now is a good time to Buy a bike. selling is a little on the down side.
Thanks for not taking offense to my posting.. Just checking

signed....BUBBIE

No offense at all bubbie . Like i said i just want him to get the best for his buck , he's paying for it not me lol . Now here's what i think if there was an 05 deuce for 11k and a 07 dyna wg of say 12k both with similar miles i'd tell him to go for the deuce .

Even though I own and love my softail in your hypothetical situation I would have to go opposite of your recommendation. The 07 WG will have a 6speed tranny, a 96in engine, and updated cam chain tensioners. That would be worth the $1k difference.

Also the deuce doesn't have as many options as far as accessories goes. I wouldn't trust the luggage rack to carry more than a loaf of bread. If your daughter is going to be riding on the back she won't be comfortable or feel safe with the seat/backrest situation.

Now if he is going to only ride solo and not going on any long trips and the deuce is only $10k maybe. Those deuces sure do look good:newsmile061:

Just my 2 cents,
Randall

Test driving different models is definitely the only way to go, then consider buying used.

I thought I was sold on either the Heritage or the Fat Boy, rented each of them for a day, then rented a Dyna Lowrider and wow, what a difference in handling and torque. I was sold on the Dynas. The rear suspension felt better on they Dyna also.

Ended up getting a 2007 Super Glide Custom with under 3,000 miles on it very cheap.

Good luck with it, there's really not many bad choices. Newer is probably better though.

Jimmy

I've got a 206 Dyna Street Bob. It's more fun to ride than any HD I've riden. Including my 1200 Sportster, a Road King, a StreetGlide and an Ultra. That's my experience. That said 3 of those bikes are far better 2 up or on the highway than the Dyna. It's all about what you want to do with it.
The Street Bob has a lot of the looks of the Night Train if he likes yours.

Secretly I lust for a Deuce! But never riden one.

I want 'em all.:worthy

I love my deuce, but I will warn anyone looking at them to get ready to see "Everything except FXSTD/I" for a lot of products. :s Very limited options for things such as bags etc. But, I think I have the sweetest deuce in the world, but I may be biased. :) If that is the bike he likes best, then that will be the bike for him. If he is looking at doing a lot of 2 up riding, I would look at other options. Good luck!

Back