free website stats program Dyna Bike Controls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Bike Controls

Ok so i went to the place i am going to be renting the Dyna Low Rider from so i could get a look of the bike and some more info. The guy went over the bike which is basically stock other than he said it has "Mid Controls" to which i hadn't ever heard of. Is that because they aren't that common. He made comment that he did it cause he still likes to have a place to rest his foot which i guess is highway pegs. i just never heard of the mid controls.

So mid controls are the standard then? I just never heard of before so i thought it was second choice for positioning the controls.

I installed forward controls on my 09 Super Glide. I used the method that I found on this website (using a hacksaw blade to cut off the shaft). I purchased the forward controls from the local HD Dealer for $350.00. If you search the site you will locate the directions and photo's. The process took approximately 2 hours. Local Dealer wanted 4 hours at $84.00 per hour.

I recently installed them on My Bike, I used the Cap to cover the Shaft on mine. Fairly easy install, the Rear Brake was the hardest part, you have remove the linkage rod and it is threaded.

1999 Lowrider - Vivid Black

When you do the forward controls is it possible to use a heel/toe shifter or is it basically limited to just the use of the toe shifter?

Jelen Dewey makes the shifter above. He's a great guy to deal with....his site is
Dewey's Pegs

Check it out...:bigsmiley12:

Back