free website stats program Dyna Bike Controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Bike Controls

YmmitHD

He guys i was just looking at the Dyna on HD.com and was wonder if forward controls can be put on? I notice the shifter comes directly out of the case so it got me curious about whether forward controls can be added or not.

YmmitHD

Yes they can. Depending on the system you use , some use a cap to cover the shaft there now and others remove it.

I did the forward controls on an 06 Dyna. It looks to be about the same process as the 09 (check service manual for specifics). You have to take the outer primary cover off to remove the linkage. There are various hacks to get around doing this, if you search the forum you will probably find them. I tried to do it right so I followed the instructions that came with my kit and referred to the service manual where needed. I think I did mine in two evenings. Be careful when taking the derby cover off, I think my torx wrenches were slightly a different size and I almost stripped some bolts.

yes they can, you can get the Harley kit which uses the existingshift lever or you can buy any number of after market ones ,have a look in the after market books

It can be done. I have it on my 01. It has a cap over where the stock one came out and I bought an aftermarket linkage. check out the picture and ou will see it.

Attachments

• 102_0710.jpg
    102_0710.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 182
When you do the forward controls is it possible to use a heel/toe shifter or is it basically limited to just the use of the toe shifter?

I don't know. I didn't look into doing that, which might I add is a very good thing to look at. I bet someone out there offers it. If you find it let me know. I'll look around and see if I come across something and let you know.

Back