free website stats program Dunlop or Metzler? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop or Metzler?

I realize this thread is over a couple months old, but I found it interesting just the same.

Here is my dilemma. I need a new rear tire soon on my 04 heritage. I mainly use it to commute 60+ miles a day on both interstate 94 and back roads. I ride in all types of weather, hot, cool, darn right cold, wet etc.

I have the 'lop 402 on the front and it looks like new.

Looking for best overall all around tire. I don't usually ride too hard and come into curves too hot, but once in a while....well its fun! 1 up riding all the time.

I have some problems in the twisties, and maybe it is my mentality, but seems like I don't trust the grip on the 'lops.

Although i found dunlop tyres to be good enough in warm dry conditions i always felt a wee bit uneasy in the cold and wet and i have tried avon venom on my softail and they have seen a lot of cold and wet this year and i do feel confident with them so i need to get some on the sportster and really push them to see how good they are needless to say i will not be fitting dunlop again the avon tyres suit my conditions and riding style

Brian

All I've ran on the Softail is Dunlops so not really sure how they will compare to Metz. on a softail. But my experience with my touring bike is Dunlops out performed the Metz. To me the grip felt about the same between the two (maybe I don't ride as hard as some but I do my share of scraping in the curves) My rear 880 Metz. cupped early on and was noisy until I changed back to the Dunlop. I always check my tire pressure before a ride. I ran/run 40 in the rear and 35 in the front. The mileage seemed close to the same.

Back