free website stats program Dunlop D407 Replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop D407 Replacement

Just spoke to one of the dealers here in BC, Canada. They were busy fitting ME 880 (200/60 on back and 140/80 on front )on a 2009 touring. No issue with clearances. Just another option if you want to go bigger.

No cupping problems on the rear?????????? I am on my second rear due to cupping...Have 30k on the 09 RKC. Changed them out at 15k with lots of meat still on them. They did change my front to a 408 but I had all ready purchased one new (407) which only had 5k when it was changed.

I can't not believe HD corp isn't getting more calls on the rear's.

After calling HD about the front tire cupping and getting it replaced (408) under warranty, rode to Fla. On my way back home, noticed some vibration. Closer I got to home, the worse it got. Back tire was now cupping. Called HD and ran into a brick wall. Opened up the wallet and dealer installed a new (407) back tire.
I kept the old back tire in case HD does a service bulliten on the back like they did the front. (Front at 5k, rear at 10K)

9FLHR...call HD corp at 414-343-4056 and complain about the rear. They will probably tell you they haven't heard anything about this...BS

I am meeting with the dealer this AM about there rear tire problem. I too kept the first set I took off my 09 RKC...They are going with me this morning.

Thanks for the reply...just more ammo for this mornings meeting.

Jerry

9FLHR...call HD corp at 414-343-4056 and complain about the rear. They will probably tell you they haven't heard anything about this...BS

I am meeting with the dealer this AM about there rear tire problem. I too kept the first set I took off my 09 RKC...They are going with me this morning.

Thanks for the reply...just more ammo for this mornings meeting.

Jerry

Jerry,
You are right, HD said (in November) they had not heard of problems with the rear tire. To reinforce your meeting, have the dealer use a tread depth gauge at various places on the tread around your tire(s). You will be surprised at the variation in measurements! :s

Parts guys will rotate older stock out first. Have him check the date code on the tires and get the newest made tire. No sense in getting a new tire that is older than the one you are replacing!

9FLHR....well the meeting went as expected..da!....Service manager off till Monday.

I already used the thread depth gauge before I got there....big difference...any where from 4/32 to 6/32...Told them, if I get the answer I think I will get... the xext call is to the CEO of HD. One thing I learned in the corporte world....who to call to put the pressure on.

Jerry

9FLHR....well the meeting went as expected..da!....Service manager off till Monday.

I already used the thread depth gauge before I got there....big difference...any where from 4/32 to 6/32...Told them, if I get the answer I think I will get... the xext call is to the CEO of HD. One thing I learned in the corporte world....who to call to put the pressure on.

Jerry

SORRY FOR YOUR PROBLEMS waiting on more miles on MY 09 FLHR and hoping I have the GOOD ONE..

BUT keep us informed as WE ALL need to get the DUCKS in a row then BLAST THEM right on the spot..

signed....BUBBIE

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for the update. I like the loudest wheel gets the grease approach. Please keep us all informed. :D

Back