free website stats program Drivers Back Rest | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drivers Back Rest

My comments are too late for Walleye (started this thread); however, I have the adjustable back rest and it is absolutely awesome. On the long distant tours, I found that adjustments on the fly were very helpful to move my bones on the saddle. Also, when my wife is on the back, she "encourages" me to move it up a bit. I hid the adjustment lever in the right side-cover.

I would recommend saving for the extra cost and get the adjustable backrest. Yes, they both adjust, one on-the-fly, and the other you have to remove the seat and move the hardware to different positions.

Either way, the back rest may make your tours more enjoyable.

Just more grist for the mill....I just installed the adjustable backrest on my 09 ultra. Wow, I can't believe what a difference it makes. Took about an hour to install. It would have gone much faster if I hadn't followed the directions! Pretty much a no-brainer.

Does anyone have a Part # for the Mounting Bracket for the Backrest for a 09 Model? I need the Bracket that mounts to the Fender under the Seat. I have the Backrest but not a Bracket, I have not checked with the dealer yet on this and cannot find this online.

Does anyone have a Part # for the Mounting Bracket for the Backrest for a 09 Model? I need the Bracket that mounts to the Fender under the Seat. I have the Backrest but not a Bracket, I have not checked with the dealer yet on this and cannot find this online.

All you had to do was select "Shop for your bike". Enter in your bike. Then search for "Backrest mounting hardware" and BOOM! :newsmile070: You get this----> 52596-09 Note: This is for a 2009 RoadGlide. I assume that is your bike.

Last edited:
Back