free website stats program Drivers Back Rest | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drivers Back Rest

Actually a good call for a new one $204 is excellent, considering 1) it fits and made for the bike, 2) it is delivered, with a guarantee and 3) basically plug and play... :s

There are probably other areas you can save money, but the comfort mods are like performance mods, things that affect the rider directly and really a very subjective call to make, and usually a decision you have to live with once done, for a long time. :D

Last edited:
I also got the non-adjustable back rest after talking to guys that have the back rest. Most said that once they had it mounted how they wanted it they never re-adjusted them.

Went for a ride today and got the missus to put a pillow in front of her and it was great....now I got to divorce my skinny wife and get a fat one, then I won't have to buy a backrest......LOL.
By the way tomorrow is my 33rd wedding anniversary...not bad for a guy who is only 54...I was a child groom...grin

Went for a ride today and got the missus to put a pillow in front of her and it was great....now I got to divorce my skinny wife and get a fat one, then I won't have to buy a backrest......LOL.
By the way tomorrow is my 33rd wedding anniversary...not bad for a guy who is only 54...I was a child groom...grin

Hey, with life in the "other hemisphere" anything can happen and probably does...right?!!! :D

I currently have an adjustable one and really like it.

I want to get a Tallboy seat and have been told that they only accept the non adjustable version. Nice to hear that the non adjustable one is so versatile.

I have the adjustable setup on my '07 FLHX. I use it with the stock seat and my Tallboy. They both work just fine. Just an FYI. It DOES work with the Tallboy seat.

got the non adjustable on my 03 egc because of the price difference. works great once you find the sweet spot. it also works great if you have to back up a small incline.

I have 09 EG and adjustable backrest off 03EG I know it is different part but has anyone been able to improvise a fit for older backrest on a 09. Don't want to spend the money if I can make a perfectly good part fit.

I have 09 EG and adjustable backrest off 03EG I know it is different part but has anyone been able to improvise a fit for older backrest on a 09. Don't want to spend the money if I can make a perfectly good part fit.

I just returned from local dealer and looked at both the 88 to 08 mount bracket and the 09 only. It is the exact same with the addition of on 2 inch 1x1 angle iron. I was given a backrest and mount bracket off a 02 RK and it will fit my 09 Ultra. Just need to cut a small piece of angle. I will install Sunday.
T

:Djust to let you know I have a 09 sg with the tallboy seat and adjustable backrest , however, I find my self sliding forward and constantanly readjusting my self on seat. I have backrest adjusted all the back and down. I kind of think the backrest is defeating the purpose of the tallboy seat, but I wouldn't ride without it.

Last edited:
Back