free website stats program Drive Aware We’re Out There | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drive Aware We’re Out There

Man, you are lucky. Hope I never get to experience that. Glad your still with us.

I my self in july of 87was night riding on highway 14 in ind .it was extremely dark that night I was riding threw a y intersection I had the right of way (im on the highway )I got a couple hundred ft past the intersection when a 17 year old kid hits me from behind (instead of the kid stopping at the stop sign he just shut off his head lights and ran the stop sign he didn’t even slow down )he hit me from behind I was thrown threw his windshield ,then threw from his car to the pavement ..I don’t know why I wasn’t hit by the car when I hit the ground cause after I managed to stop my self from tumbling down the highway I & the car came to a stop together me right in front of the car by bike went est 150ft on its side (I was on a 750 hon da,and ground the points cover off the eng )i laid in the middle of the road until a off duty nurse helped me up to her car and called for help .when the ind state police showed up they ticketed the kid for hitting me and est his speed at 70mph when he hit me also ind is a helmet rights state so I was not wearing a helmet
The officer on seen told me I was lucky he felt if I had on a helmet with the way I hit the windshield I would have broken my neck (I guess I the exception to the rule in this case )from this accident I suffered a severely screwed up back ,road rash all over my body ,and 10 stitches in the left side of my face .
Now to tell you the truth I didn’t even know I got hit !I thought I broke a chain it locked up the rear wheel and I got threw from the bike do to the darkness the angel the kid came on the highway also him with out his head lights off (the kid admitted to this)I seen nothing in my mirrors .
This is a accident that I could do nothing about .but the accident made me more aware of the people on the road I ride as if they don’t see me ,also I ride with loud pipes they say they don’t see us but they will hear me (know some one will say loud pipes don’t save lives the only thing I can say is when these people run this they can tell me about it after they been hit from a car doing 70mph from behind and survived and are still riding).I hope no one else has to go threw this but if you do get back up as soon as possible .

The deal with the kid that hit me was really something .it took 2 years for them to settle .during the deposition they brought up all kinds of stuff to take the focus off the kid and put the eyes (if went to a jury)on me ,they brought up that I was a road capt with satins’ revenge mc they brought up a couple years a pot possession charge .they brought up how scarier myself and my partners looked (this was when being a biker wasn’t cool) they figured hay would turn the jury against me being a biker and look at him being a normal teenager but they settled 1week before trial . Now you want to hear the real kick in the (edited) it hasn’t but a few months after we settled and he hit another biker!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend says. "Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, keep your eyes open, cuz here we is.":MARYLAND:rider

That's funny; i know that quote as:"Spring has sprung,the grass has riz,i wonder where my sailboard is?"

Your friend been stealing my lines,hmmm?:bigsmiley10:

Back